Beauty Box 5: Everyday Eye Make-up Tutorial
Since last month's Cat Eye Tutorial was such a hit I decided to do another tutorial of a simple everyday eye make-up look featuring the Glam Natural Mascara courtesy of Beauty Box 5. Let's get started!
After using your eye shadow primer of choice (I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original), apply Maybelline's Expert Eye Wear Eyeshadow in Champagne Fizz all over the lid with the Real Techniques Shading Brush. It's a great natural but shimmery base that brightens up the eyes.
Next you'll need your Urban Decay Naked Palette. Take a little bit of Toasted and apply it to the outer corner of your eye and bring it up slightly over your crease. Blend, blend, blend!
We're now going to take a darker color called Hustle (also from the Urban Decay Naked Palette) and blend it into the crease to give the overall look more definition.
Using the thin brush that comes with the Urban Decay Naked Palette, take some of the Maybelline Champagne Fizz Eyeshadow and apply it to the inner corner of your eyes for a great highlight and awakened look! *You can also take a white or nude pencil and line the inner rims of your eyes. I did this but completely forgot to photograph it.
Apply eyeliner. You can use this tutorial if you'd like.
Now for my favorite part! Mascara. Any mascara that lengthens and thickens is an excellent choice. If you don't have one that does both you can always use two different mascaras to achieve the look you want. This one from Glam Naturals is hypo-allergenic, ophthalmologist recommended and is designed to lengthen, thicken, separate, and curl lashes without clumping or smudging. I like brushes that have actual bristles and this one definitely lengthens but needs a little help in the thickening department. A good alternative if this mascara doesn't fit your budget is the Maybelline Waterproof Falsies.
This is the finished every day eye make-up tutorial that is easy to do even when you're in a rush to get somewhere. As with anything, the more you do it the faster you'll become at it.
Are there any other tutorials you'd like to see me do? Let me know in the comments below! And if you're interested in receiving 5 deluxe cosmetic samples to your door for $12 a month or $30 for a quarterly subscription you can sign up with BB5 here! They work with brands like Model Co., Aveeno, It's a 10, Bellapierre Cosmetics and more!
Last week my post Comments - Why They Need to Stay & My Pet Peeve was featured on Links à la Mode! I would love for you to read it if you haven't yet.
Image is Everything?You could say that in fashion and beauty, "Image is everything." But is it really? Would you photoshop your images to look more model-like? If so, what's the difference between that and say, coloring your hair? Or wearing shapewear? Where does that line exist between getting a little help and "fabricating reality." This week we have some excellent posts, both on improving your looks with great beauty hacks and on where you can go too far when it comes to presenting your best face online.
Links à la Mode: June 12th
- A Glamourous Revelation: Why I Hate Your Blog
- Attire Club: The Best Men's Looks at the Tony Awards
- A Vintage Covered: Interview with Mlle Epaulette
- Butterfly Parkway: Bringing Sexy Back + 5 Tips on How to Keep It Classy
- Breakfast at Vogue: How To: Vampy Lip
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Beauty Board: Dewey Like Karlie Kloss
- Confessions of a Style Cookie: Palm Trees & Sparkling Seas
- Les Assorties: Fashion Rules Redefined
- Look Sharp Sconnie: To Bloggers Who Severely Edit Their Photos
- Maggiecal Life: What is Scandinavian Style?
- Oh That's Nik: Summer Trend: 5 Jelly Sandals Under $50
- Save Spend Splurge: 10 Ways to Keep Your Closet & Wardrobe Organized
- Style Sizzle: 3 Beauty Products that Seem Like a Good Idea, But Aren't
- Style Through Her Eyes: Comments: Why They Need to Stay
- Style Vanity: 20 Hacks for Doing Your Nails
- The Daily Luxe: The Look: Unwedding Dress
- The Rivaux: DIY Rose Eau de Toilette
- This is Simply Me: My Favorite Lippies
- We Are Ready Made: In the Mood for Fashion Ad Campaigns
- Wild Beauty World: Beauty Shops in NYC Chinatown
Disclosure: The Glam Natural Mascara was sent to me by Beauty Box 5. All opinions are 100% my own.