ABOUT AYD&H FOUNDATION
African Youth Development and Health Foundation is an independent tax exempt 501©(3) public Not for profit charity organization dedicated to improving and enhancing the healthcare of the underserved by developing and supporting innovative programs that
- provide systematic avenues to bridge healthcare delivery systems and patient care.
- provide underserved and less developed areas an access to Urgent Care Hospitals
- Improve opportunities for the youth through Education, Employment and Engagement in community recreational activities.
- improve the overall state of health through preventive health maintenance
HOW IT ALL STARTED:
African Youth Development and Health Foundation was created in 1997 by an American trained doctor who visited Ghana during a funeral service. After several trips to Ghana, West Africa and upon extensive research and careful observation; it was evident that there is a need for improved health care delivery system where no one will be turned away from immediate care.
The doctor liquidated most of his assets to fund and operate, the Urgent Care Hospital in Achimota Ghana. The Fifty (50) bed hospital has employed mostly locals. This include
- six (6) paid local medical doctors
- fifteen(15) paid local medical nurses as well as
- an increasing number of health aids.
- The hospital is open twenty-four (24)-hours a day and seven (7) days a week.
AYD&H FOUNDATION'S Aim:
- To implement a delivery system that will provide adequate care through preventive health Maintenance.
- To establish walk-in Urgent Care Clinics and mobile hospitals throughout the countries to allow healthcare access to remote areas and villages.
- a well deserved youth center to encourage youth participation in leadership and self development at the same time eliminating poverty
- Medical Equipments (contact for specifications)
- Medical Supplies
- Communication equipments ex. digital telephones and services.
- laboratory equipments
- pharmaceutical supplies (contact for specification)
- ambulance service van
NEEDS FOR YOUTH PROGRAM
STAND UP WITH US….
SPEAK UP…Be a volunteer counselor
FROM OUR Fill My Cup" project
Free back pack and school supplies giveaway
African Youth Development and Health Foundation had a successful and life changing experience here in Corona California during our free backpack and school supplies giveaway. The office door opened with over a hundred back packs and 900 school supplies gone within the hour. We look forward to serving more people with such needs. Thank You to our wonderful Volunteers and helpers.